Monday, 4 February 2019

Week 2 - Lecture

During today's lecture we learned about challenges arising to businesses and organisations in the 21st century. First we talked about the 3 most important changes that had impact on how humanity operates as a whole and how we live our lives as individuals. I have realised the times we live in are very interesting and hardly predictable in terms of the technical progress/evolution. It clearly is paced exponentially. I understood the difference between data,information and knowledge and their value and importance in today's world. Also how everything is now connected via Internet and helps us evolve even faster,be more efficient and improve our ways quicker than ever before. We talked about few phenomenons of the virtual world like social media,mobile computing, data storage(e-clouds),and the Internet of things -which can give us rough clues about what could be coming next. I realised how important it is to keep learning and educating constantly in order to keep up with the progress and that the key to the future is creativity and the human aspect of thinking/emotion .Everything else can be done by technology. I missed out the first week -induction and lecture 1 - today's lecture helped me understand the focus of this module. I quickly realised this will be an interesting subject for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 11 - Lecture

During today's lecture we were talking about cyber security, crimes and controls.