During today's lecture we were talking about cloud computing,their models and applications and also their impact on ways of how businesses are functioning. The lecture started picturing the changes that has been happening in the world of tech and how they have been shaping and changing the business functioning and environment. Very interesting is a concept of "Freeconomy" where a business provides a service free of charge to the consumer (which costs are becoming cheaper with raising number of consumers) but it doesn't mean the business doesn't profit, it actually creates value with then is turned into profit through advertising, etc. Another interesting concept is when a business revives service free of charge but then to unlock all functions or content it is necessary to pay fees. The list of highlights that I found interesting would go on. I will try to make this reflection shorter. By the way it is still not clear to me whether the reflection should be short and strong in content summarising the personal outlook on the lecture (as Susie said) or lengthy, visually pleasant,ncontaining with pictures (like Heider showed us on examples).
Today we also had a guest speakers who raised some interesting topics. First there was a lady called Frances from a startup called EDI which is e-business by the way, targeting university student and bridging the gap between them and the industry in which they would like to work, helping them get jobs, placements, etc. I will definitely sign up as soon as the website starts working properly. Frances was stressing how important it is to start looking for a job so we can work during summer and get the needed experience. I am on té mission to do that. The second speakers was a gentleman from It department of LSBU presenting us the services they provide for students in order to improve their digital skills. It was great as I already ad this in mind and so I didn't have to do my research but useful information was given tonmemon a plate as of where to ask for elp and search for the right information. I intend to get the Microsoft specialist certifications and will start working on it very soon. Later we also Ave been visited by some candidates for certain posts such as president of the student union, Tey were speaking regarding the student elections. To be honest I don't have much information about what is happening in this matter so I will look more into that.

No comments:
Post a Comment