Wednesday, 20 February 2019
Week 4 - Seminar
During today's seminar we carried out another exercise with Excel. This time we practised conditioning using function IF. We started the exercise about Susie's beauty products during the last seminar (screenshots of which I attached with the last week's blog) and as I understood we were supposed to finish it at home. Which I did. It took me a while to figure out how to correctly use "IF" in the formula but eventually made it work. Today I found out we were only about learn it. That made it much easier for me during today's class as I was already very much familiar with the use of it and so I was ahead of others. I further developed the skill working through more complicated tasks. Which then allowed me to work through the exercises faster and help my colleagues sitting next to me and explain them what I already learned. Process of assisting others even further strengthened my skills and made me more confident using Excel. I realised that in order to use spreadsheets it is essential not only to know the formulas and how to use them appropriately but also plan the graphic of the table and structure the given data to make it as simple and clear as possible but containing everything needed at the same time. In this case it also helps me to use cursive with text, borderlines of cells and different colours to fill the cells in when trying to make it look easy to read, understand and work with. As seen bellow:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Week 11 - Lecture
During today's lecture we were talking about cyber security, crimes and controls.


No comments:
Post a Comment