Wednesday, 13 February 2019

Week 3 - Seminar

During today's seminar we enriched our skills and knowledge about Excel with new formulas and their implications in various practical cases. I got familiar with more formulas and have become more confident also with formatting the text and cells. Those things we already went through during last seminar but after today I will be able to remember them with ease and I can say they are now part of my "Excel skill set". After today's exercise I am also feeling better about using "fixed values" from the particular cell using the $ sign and also have understanding of different ways of dragging the cursor across cells and their use.
 I am looking forward to finishing the exercise 2 at home because it seems like a challenge but at the same time I am sure i have all the skills to get it done. And here it is (added later):




I have to admit that actually it was harder than expected. Everything went smooth until I was trying to use formula for the bonus of manager's wage when monthly sales reach certain value. I figured out I had to use IF conditioning but it took me a while until i got it right with all the commas and brackets. During the process of trying to get it right I learned and now I am very confident using this function and probably will remember it forever.

I will definitely practice using excel in my free time as well because I realize the importance of mastering it. It is necessary to posses enough skills and feel familiar with its use in a professional environment. As I was instructed, I should not re-tell today's lecture in this blog so I am now rather trying to give my personal impression and thoughts. The previous reflections I wrote were more specific about our activities in the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 11 - Lecture

During today's lecture we were talking about cyber security, crimes and controls.