During today's seminar we got introduced to Microsoft Access and practised its very basic use. First we refreshed the knowledge about relational databases from the last lecture and talked about advantages of Access also when compared to Excel. This made me come to a simple realisation. I realised that as good as Excel is in terms of formulas and calculations when working with data, in fact it is not as useful when it comes to data storage and looking up relevant information, linking various sorts of data to each other, etc. That is why I would like to focus on Access even more. I think sooner or later I will need to work with it in my future job. To my current understanding, the key feature in Access is the mother table with IDs and then child tables which have relations to the main one and contain data of various sorts. ID is then used in order to identify needed item/account/member/other when searching for wanted information or data.

No comments:
Post a Comment