In the second part of the lecture, we were getting familiar with the character of database, their various use and aspects of their implementation in practice. We got introduced to relational database and its implementation, specifically using Microsoft Access. I find this new knowledge very useful especially in order to improve our group work - business case. I am hoping to get ,ore familiar with the use of Access during our seminars.Monday, 4 March 2019
Week 6 - Lecture
During today's lecture we continued talking about cloud computing as we started last week, and from there we moved onto database technology. We were trying to describe what the actual database is as well as comparing digital ways of data storage and search to physical file folders and card catalogs. We watched a YouTube video about Google data centre which I found really interesting. What I found fascinating is the level of security and limited amount of staff with permission, which prevents services from disruption or data being accessed by unwanted party. When it comes to cloud computing in general, one of the most fascinating facts for me is that it is making us more compact as we have access to data anywhere we connect to the internet and also helps us get rid of the physical means of storage and that way it is more sustainable, cheaper, saving space and technology becomes more sleek in general.
In the second part of the lecture, we were getting familiar with the character of database, their various use and aspects of their implementation in practice. We got introduced to relational database and its implementation, specifically using Microsoft Access. I find this new knowledge very useful especially in order to improve our group work - business case. I am hoping to get ,ore familiar with the use of Access during our seminars.
In the second part of the lecture, we were getting familiar with the character of database, their various use and aspects of their implementation in practice. We got introduced to relational database and its implementation, specifically using Microsoft Access. I find this new knowledge very useful especially in order to improve our group work - business case. I am hoping to get ,ore familiar with the use of Access during our seminars.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Week 11 - Lecture
During today's lecture we were talking about cyber security, crimes and controls.
No comments:
Post a Comment