Wednesday, 20 March 2019

Week 7 - Seminar

Unfortunately I did not attend the seminar as I was away the whole week for a family reasons. I informed our course director Howard and also the attendance team about my absence and here is the email I sent:
However after I got back to the UK I went through the materials on Moodle and tried to catch up on what I have missed. The focus of the practice was aimed on Access, particularly the feature of queries. It was still basically an introduction where I recapped the basics e.g. how the various functions are named, terminology used in the software and simply how it operates so we would understand the basis in order to learn further. Then I moved onto building queries. I learned how to select fields containing needed information and how to display them for easy outlook. I also practised using query in datasheet and design view to add options and specify criteria for the exact purpose we want to and so to limit the data shown and just keep desired data. Later I tried sorting and finding data by combining the previous features. Overall, after this I feel more confident using Access and I am getting more understanding of how it is implemented in practice. It required focus especially as I was learning on my own but it is now easy to remember for the future. Very useful for our coursework.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 11 - Lecture

During today's lecture we were talking about cyber security, crimes and controls.