Wednesday, 27 March 2019

Week 9 - Seminar

During today`s seminar we were learning about Excels function of Pivot tables. This tutorial taught us how to present Excel information in a report format. The exercise was about grades of  two students and their grades in various subjects for certain months through out the school year. We learned how to select needed information and display it. In order to do that we had to select the required data and create the Pivot Table. The report filter helped us select only the relevant information. This allows us to sort data with various functions such as Sum, Average or other variations. This I find really useful when working with huge amount of data and filtering only the relevant data that i would like to see, also when selecting just certain values or summaries. I am sure this new knowledge will be very relevant when studying new modules such as economy or finance. This seminar was useful however I will practice the new features a bit more at home so I get deeper understanding and confidence working with Pivot tables.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 11 - Lecture

During today's lecture we were talking about cyber security, crimes and controls.