Monday, 1 April 2019

Week 10 - Lecture

As Heider is currently on holidays in Egypt, this lecture was presented by another lecturer which was really good. The topic was discussing characteristics and main differences between management and leadership. This exact topic was already discussed in another module, Concepts of Management and also appeared as a question on our assignment - Apple business report, which I completed very successfully, getting 97%. This topic is therefore not new to me and I am a bit familiar with it. However, this lecture added new knowledge to what I already knew and gave me better outlook on the matter. We were learning about the key characteristics of a good leader and manager, key activities that comes with each concept. We discussed different types of a leader which was new to us. We were also introduced to leadership effectiveness model, values of leadership and "climate" of the workplace and the six dimensions. My interest was caught by the "iceberg model". All this new knowledge will be very useful for my assignment as well I will surely encounter it many times during my further studies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 11 - Lecture

During today's lecture we were talking about cyber security, crimes and controls.